Azusa StreetRiders International - The Oneness Apostolic Motorcycle Ministry of Jesus Christ.

I learned to ride from a Mozambican fella in Botswana, Africa. He owned the rights to Suzuki in that country and wanted to expand the name. He was a good friend in a lot of ways, let me purchase my first bike at his cost and when it came in a crate not completely assembled I questioned what I had done. 1000cc sports bike (SV1000s) was what I rode off on having never truly road or owned a bike. Prior to that I used a dirt bike he had.

One thing that I’ve always been told was “it’s not if but when you go down.” Well twenty plus years later I have found that statement to be true. I won’t bore you with all the details but having laid my two wheels down several times I know first-hand the truth of such statements. The worst was on a main road here in Connecticut causing over three thousand dollars of damage to a Harley that had been given to me. I was pretty shaken up and a lady that stopped to help told me, also a biker, “you got to just get back on it and ride.”

I suppose there are two lessons here. First, you must fall as safely as possible. Yes, I know that just doesn’t sound right. Wear a helmet, safety gear etc. When you realize, it’s happening maintain your composure as much as possible. Secondly, you got to get back up.

During this holiday season, many of us battle depression, disappointment, anxiety and more. If you’re in the north like myself, you don’t have the luxury of getting on two wheels and going for a spin due to the ice and snow. Know that you’re not alone, joy comes in the morning! Feelings of failure, loneliness, shame all are the attempt of the enemy to kill and destroy.

“Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.” Micah 7:8

Its going to happen, we will get down, but we “shall” arise. Let His light brighten the darkness today.

East Region: 15
Regional Chaplain
Rev. Rick Perry  
203-404-0339
rperry@havenofhope.us